1. Business Intelligence isn't the only reason this defect may occur
2. If the resources in this model have a very ethical and the process within IT wasn't purely dependent on making their clients happy.
3. By design-the connection between a business process or policy isn't within these resources realm of responsibility.Defect-High
4. If or when this was to be a process or required step, these resources would become obsolete or threaten the value of these IT Service Providers.-Success-Low
5. Teaching the people in this process to adapt the skills to know when and where they might be supplying a defective process isn't practical and higher effort. Success-Low
The sole purpose of this type of IT service provider can be a true benefit in one case, Starbuck's had shared their model. They have taken the steps to incorporate standard services in a way that wasn't forcing "Big Data, that wasn't writing to change information or containers of this defect type.
One threat in this worst case scenario, zero data loss.
Another consideration around the modeling and mixed understandings of what should or should not be done, irrespective of putting it in your standards.
To what degree should they match?
speed and flexibility to acquire these services versus the effort required to go through the process and change management process.
|1. Information that is keyed or captured is not used-TRUE|
|2. Data keyed/captured is manipulated within a data container-TRUE|
|3. Meetings, phone calls, emails, etc. are a result of miscommunication.|
|4. Switching between systems is necessary to accomplish the work-TRUE INDIRECT measured as a defect in Accounts Payable and Procurement|
|5. Data is keyed or captured more than once.-TRUE|
"According to 6sigma.org's 7 waste radar 38% of a knowledge workers time is spent keying/re-keying data."
During end of the month order processing, a user needs to take the committed shipment assigned to a carrier and change the carrier to a different shipment or logistics supply company. We must assume, the people in the process have entered information according to ERP standards of an audit worthy sales order.
Based on the rule of the order at the time of entry, you must honor the final order dimensions or follow the procedures outlined in a corporate policy. Due to the financial implications of the first carriers task initiated by the order confirmation, you have the potential to introduce a defect.
What and How do I make such a firm statement on this type of insight or modification to data? Let's make an assumption that the insight and purpose of the insight would be valuable as a way to make the decision before order confirmation.
We can assume the insight itself isn't the problem.
The change made in ERP before shipment confirmation, has a very insightful purpose.
The application was built to extract from ERP, then introduce a change back into the table on the backend outside ERP.
would be appropriate. The use case was a common type of request and one that was prioritized by this highly skilled set of resources.
Now I am going to see things first from the users perspective
An adjacent possibility experience, in my opinion allows users to attain a desirable response to computer interactions. Therefore, the technology serves the goal of working for people to make life easier.
When a user desires something differently than the default response-I would design to enable a user to perform decision making. All management activity begins to measure the managers ability to guide decision making within the person's authority to make decisions.
A companies ability to measure corporate performance accurately, contributes to fact based decision making. This goal "fact based decision making" would be a principle in ISO 9000 family of the 9 principles any company who seeks to meet the minimum criteria for international standards prescribes;
By design this tactic used to execute strategy supplies an indicator that a company has effectively supplied tools to an employee that allow performance measures.
A users input to a process in or outside any technology=measures the person by user id and authorized systems inputs or entries.
A user input, must return a default response often based on the strategy currently being executed.
This requires technology to use out of the box functionality, to enable a change as simple as updates to a list of values.
When planning strategy, the decisions should not require major application customizations nor a change to all systems in the Enterprise Architecture.
A common change must be designed into the systems and process-to allow the change in a list of values at the source, not spark millions of dollars in new technology modifications.
when a person accepts the response defaults.
tracking the employees acceptance of the preferred response. a way to confirm with your suppliers and customer that you operate and manage responsibly.
Further contributing to an organizations Social Responsibility goals.
ir role and responsibility.
beyond the desired response within the range of variable responses to computer processing designed for this business process.
1-I am a reductionist
2-I am a firm believer in making it simple if not simpler.
3-If a company has employees using technology as designed, you have a functional and measurable operating model.
4-If you alter 3rd party software your operational process becomes non-standard and you reduce.
Quality and GAAP/IFRS (assumption on IFRS) Key Controls
- Your organization has created a supply chain purchase with a supplier, who may have certain limitations around the carriers they use for logistics decisions.
- Waste - Defect caused outside the process when a process exist it isn't followed in stead
- TRANSPORTATION-more than one movement of information that isn't defined in the business process.
- MOVEMENT-Process owner has no visibility into consumers influence over information.
- INVENTORY-copies of information may introduce backend changes
- A business person elects to change the logistics carrier outside the ERP system
- The obligation and ability to insure the shipment breaks
- The ability to recover freight cost or overpayment in freight to both logistic carriers
- Taxable rates may be charged twice
- Your tax and duty fees could be overcharged or mis-stated with regulatory agencies
- Russia has a 1 million dollar penalty for such a defect
- The ability to link a freight carrier to the purchase transaction in payables
- Non-payment for invoice disputes may indicate a supplier defect that was introduced by a design defect.
- Your organization MUST NOT make any change outside ERP, a controlled change order must be made with the original carrier.
- Key controls apply upon issue of a purchase order
- No person has the authority to make adjustments outside ERP to any fact record
- The zero data loss rules must apply to ensure recovery time objectives
- The ability to provide audit worthy fact records must be measured for record retention.
- Management practices to the policies and procedures must be managed as defect categories
- Your original commitment to the first supplier, must be honored or payment to both introduces defects in conflict with the corporate policies.
- Payables MUST NOT pay any supplier twice for freight without senior authorization for the exception.
- must be factored as a cost to the business unit making these types of decisions.
- A purchase expense must have zero data loss, without any update to the fact records.
- Only an adjustment based on the corporate policy controls
- The adjustment or changes must be considered a quality management system defect
- A process defect - the process forces a requirement that the supplier cannot meet
- The supplier has less than normal ability to meet their committed obligation
- in the process or supplier relationship.
Outcome of such a back end change that wasn't authorized or contradicts the corporate policy decisions.
- The tax rate may be different if a location or terms of the carrier relationship was different than the originally quoted customer expectations.
- A non-billable or fraudulent shipment may result into a gray market reseller
- A non-revenue eligible shipment will be inaccurate and a customer will lose confidence in the companies ability to protect their account information.
Results of the same defect in an internal/external Quality
- Users not understanding the process requirements as documented in the governing policy.
- These are inappropriate uses of non-accounting systems with defects introduced by an offline or shadow process.
- The business process owner may be expected to supply corrective actions without any visibility into this non-standard process.
- Correcting or introducing customer delays to manually ensure process prevent or detect behaviors.