Alternatives for Just In Time supply chain purchase models.Approaches used by some companies in order to meet the local demand and improve your go to market value proposition.
Option 1 - Exception
IF supply in country isn't going to meet the timeline, plan B extends others out of country based on local logistics and regulatory rules (cost and authority to purchase outside the country).
- The control for this rare occurrence, MUST assume an authorized user (segregation of duties manages cost to country).
- To enable this exception path, the rule MUST assume that the P&L owner by Buy-Sell, a budget manager or operations manager partnered to support a VP with a P&L and resources
- A financial analyst partnered with the budget and operations manager assigned to the same VP with P&L responsibility.
- Each shares a grouping of countries within a certain buy-sell
- Based on these two roles responsibility, each must have visibility and adjust expense forecast based on the higher cost model.
- Consider the system integrator model, as an alternative to this out of country model.
Option 2 - Exception
Supply source by partner-In a resale model the partner has a clear understanding of their responsibility.
- What components and when.
- The resale cost or discount offered to a partner expects the cost to transfer, in addition to the partner having access to more alternatives.